Monday, July 3, 2017

Week 6 : Portraits

As this past week cruised by (extremely quickly), I kept this assignment in the back of my mind. I reiterated to myself "remember to look for the right lighting ..". With that being said, I spent sometime with my nephews this past week from the twins 4th birthday party, to just goofing around and some pool fun. My best friend has 4 boys under the age 6 and they have the most beautiful blue eyes and are some of the most adorable children I have ever me .. I also live two streets over so needless to say, I'm over there all the time! I also played ball in the yard with my adorable pup Harlee .. she is almost 2 years old and has an insane amount of energy! Lastly, I recently got my hair done this past week so I felt a picture/selfie was necessary and the lighting was pretty good if I do say so myself! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend and a great 4th tomorrow!
 





2 comments:

  1. Love the pics. I too used my dog. Easier said than done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexandra, as I commented on John's post, the main goal for this assignment was to work with directional light across a face using diffuse natural light from a window. That creates a nice gradation from light to dark... in the outdoors, light is coming from all directions at once and it is almost impossible to achieve that beautiful modeled light look... Take a look at Bonnie's shots of her husband to see how a window can take your work to a whole new level. Your nephews are adorable! 4 is such a great age.

    ReplyDelete