Wednesday, July 5, 2017

a day in the life of my dog

during the final assignment I had a hard time finding a model that was willing to pose. I resorted to taking pictures of my dog throughout the day trying to catch her at times when she wouldn't bark or run around like the hyper meatball that she is. I tried to capture the light that shines through the living room window. I believe that some of these shots are more successful than others. I especially like the contrast I was able to create in the shot with my dog and my grandmother in-law. I hope these are ok. Thanks for the fun class and this concludes my time here at Albertus...

May the Force be with you...







3 comments:

  1. John, first of all, your dog is ADORABLE! I think the first one is my favorite because it looks like lipstick kisses all over that beautiful floppy ear! I agree, I also love the one of our grandmother and your dog. It's like they're just sitting there hanging out watching the soaps together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *** edit - that should be Your grandmother (not our grandmother). LOL...typos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, the first goal of the assignment is how to light a face, person, or pet... the problem with pets is that they don't take direction so well when you want them to turn into the light. See how the light is behind and not lighting her face?

    I would have tried bribing (a common theme here with Alex and Bonnie) with a treat and perhaps physically turning your pup into the light... it takes extra work to get a good shot with animals...

    I save this assignment for last as it is the hardest thing to do well... Would you care to try a few more?

    ReplyDelete