Wednesday, June 21, 2017

light and shadows...

Here is my collection of pictures focusing on light and shadow. I attempted to take shots everywhere I could, trying to focus on composition and the way that lights and shadows interact with the surroundings.
Here I was trying to capture lens flares off the sun, much like one would see in a J.J. Abrams movie.

I know that the eye can be distracted by very bright or very dark sections, but I feel that the brightness of the sun and the darkness of the tree balance eachother.

I have some musical instruments hanging on the walls of my home. I tried to capture the effect sun light has on them.


Like the image of the sun, I feel that this image has balance between the shadow and the light of the pic guard.

I was hoping this image would have been more dramatic, but I do enjoy it. This is the image of a collection of random comic books on my wall as the sun shines onto them. The shape of the sun beams and the angles of the wall give it a unique and almost eerie feel.

This is a shot of my wife as we were out for lunch. I was being blinded by the sun as we talked. I thought the sun beam mixed with the composition is interesting. I enjoyed how I cropped the picture as well, not letting the viewer see the entire sun, or my wife's entire face. I also feel that the sun beam draws the eye across the image.

This was a tricky shot. I stopped by an old warehouse and was able to get this one shot while not getting caught. As there were a lot of no trespassing signs and it was on a pretty main road, I did not want to stick around and get arrested. I did enjoy the shapes the light and shadow made on the concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment