Sunday, June 25, 2017

light and shadow.  I was all around this week and took the time to take photos that I had hopes of would look good in black and white and create shadow as well.  This assignment was I think the most difficult so far; I wanted to be sure to show contrast and create drama, but to keep images at a level that was not too dark.  My favorite of this weeks bunch is my photo from the Empire State building which includes sky and the city beneath which I thought would make a good example of light and shadow.











1 comment:

  1. For this assignment, I was trying to keep everyone focused on the structure of light and the way shadows actively contribute to the design. Including people and animals makes that much more difficult and allows one to loose that focus. I'm trying hard to move everyone in the class to grow beyond a snapshot, family album way of thinking about photography and to consider how photography can become fine art when formal considerations of light and design are consciously attended to. Emotional content can follow but first things first.

    Do review some of my videos of feedback on how to use Photoshop to emphasize the focal point and how to avoid bright (even blown out) areas in the image that would lead your eye away from a focal point.

    ReplyDelete