Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Week 5: Macro

I really enjoyed this week's assignment. I enjoyed shooting ordinary objects and making them unique by focusing on the small details. I also enjoyed shooting the different types of natural flowers which allowed me to capture their beauty. I tried to get as close as possible without loosing the focal point of the shots. It was not an easy task to get as close as I can without beginning to loose focus as I got closer to the object, however, with a lot of practice shots and experimenting different angles and lighting position, I believe I chose the correct photos to post. I edit some of the photos that I took and converted them to black and white while the others I left in color and tried to adjust the color and lighting. I was not sure how I did on the photoshop part but I am looking forward to your feedback so I can keep learning how to edit the photos better.


This is a shot that I took of some coins that I had. I took this shot outside and while I was taking these shots it began to rain which you can see the rain drops on one of the coins. I think the rain drop made the photo stand out which I though it was cool.  
  
  

This is a shot of my wedding rings.

This is a shot of my watch. For this shot I tried to darken the white but had a hard time figuring out how to balance everything.  

These are my 4 year old son's toys which I thought look really cool in macro.

These are more photos of my son's Thomas the Train toys which he is obsessed with.


The rest of these photos where taken at Pardee Garden in New Haven which has a variety of beautiful flowers. Like the photo of the coins, I was able to also capture rain drops on some of the flowers. While taking these shots, I also captured a couple of bees that were on the flowers. I tried to get as close as I can without getting stung. :)

















4 comments:

  1. Alex, I love the flower series and how you can see the slight hint of water droplets on them. It almost looks like morning dew. My absolute favorite picture is of the two white daisies with the sunny yellow centers. I love how they stand out in stark contrast to the dark foliage behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers Alex they look amazing

    ReplyDelete