Saturday, May 27, 2017

What do I mean by a creative self portrait?

Two themes you will be hearing a lot about from me will be.... 1. Turn off your flash and 2. Get in closer! Although you will become proficient technically at posting to the blog, creating a portfolio, editing your digital pictures and so much more, this class at its heart is still an art class. I am most interested in encouraging you to break out of your "normal" way of taking pictures and want to get you to "think outside the box" As I was putting away the frying pan this morning, I saw this reflection of myself and thought that would make a good self portrait in the spirit of this first assignment.

Find new ways to look at the world around you. Discover light. Fill the frame with dynamic design! Don't be too literal... think more abstractly.  


This is a repeat post from the class blog from 10 1/2 years ago...!






No comments:

Post a Comment